The OAR boathouse is located at Lowell State Park, on the north side of Dexter Lake. Built almost entirely with volunteer labor, the boathouse is owned by the State of Oregon and OAR is the designated manager.
- From I-5, take Hwy. 58 eastbound (exit 188A), 13 miles to Dexter Lake.
- Turn left at the white covered bridge, to Lowell.
- Turn left at Boundary Rd. (becomes Pengra Rd.), 0.8 miles to Lowell Park.
- Turn left into the park, then right immediately through the yellow gate.
- Follow the gravel road to the boathouse.